My normal life returns to me
Last Saturday I sat through the grueling medical admission test--the dreaded MCAT. Let's just say that I am glad it is over. I am starting to doubt if any prep in advance helps when the people who write the test don't even follow their own guidlines! The composition of the test was totally off. After 45 minutes in the Biology part, I started to wonder if they forgot to put Organic Chemistry on the test. Out of 11 passages only 3 of them were OChem and 2 of those were really hard, according to my teacher who took the test for his job at the Princeton Review. That can't be a good sign if the teacher, who is supposed to know the subject best, thinks the questions were difficult. And the writing sample topics were probably the worst 2 out of the 300 possible prompts. I honestly can't judge how well I did . The test was hard, but most people thought that as well so maybe the curve will help me. Next step is to apply to medical schools after I receive my scores in June. In the meantime, I need to research which schools I want to apply to. In addition to US schools, I will be applying to London and Dublin for sure. My trip in May will be a good chance for me to do a lot of thinking and figure out where I really want to be in the next 5 years. Personally, I think my best option would be to have a good enough MCAT score to get into London or Dublin. That way I am living in Europe and yet I only need to be in school for 4 years. One of the schools in Hungary is starting the 4 year med program, so I might have a good chance there. Get in before everyone and their friends realize that option exists. Between now and May 11th I have to try and finish everything I had put aside in order to study. Better get started!

0 Comments:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home