Another Page in History

Freitag, März 24, 2006

Nirvana only 29 Days away?



Nirvana? Maybe. Am Rande des Wahnsinns? Most likely. The MCAT is only 29 days and counting. Today starts my cycle of not sleeping in, studying ohne ende, and at the end of it all a decent score. That's the plan anyway. I went to the location of said test in April and scoped out the place. Not too bad. Bit far away from home, but the drive might be a good way to relax. Crank up the music and not think about the next 9 hours. The test isn't really 9 hours, but they have to read ALL the rules of the exam. And I mean they read every bloody detail. And we have the standard breaks too. I will be happy to be out with my friends afterwards.

For those of you who can't wait until I stop rambling about my life in Mpls and start to tell travel tales, your wait is less than 2 months. The downside about studying for the exam is that I couldn't not go skiing with my aunt and uncle in Utah like I had hoped. The upside is that with the money I saved by not paying for the expensive ticket to Utah (they were almost $400!), I am able to visit friends in Portugal and Italy. I can't wait!! I have never been to Portugal or Umbria (a provence in Italy). And of course I can't wait to see Christoph (Lisbon) and Bene (Perugia) again. :)

The Student Co-op is a fun place to live. (No, it is not a hippie commune.) There is virtually every personality type living here. The picture is of my new room. Not a great photo, but gives you an idea of what it is like. The house used to be a fraternity and was built in 1908. For those of you in Europe, this is an old building. Haha