Another Page in History

Mittwoch, Januar 25, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly

I am sitting in my mom's office at the University and have just finished my Spanish homework. Maybe I need to work on my study techniques because I was typing Spanish, listening to German radio, and in the backgroun my mom was speaking with a Russian student. Right.

Listening to German radio reminded me of my visit to the Deutsches Museum and an exibit I saw there about the environment and the impact humans have had over the years. I always thought that America was one of the most wasteful countries, but now I am sure of it. Imagine a large tower of garbage (thankfully in a plastic container) with everything from banana peels to computer parts. On the side of this is a list of how many kilos of garbage is disposed of annually per inhabitant of a country. This numbers are close to what I remember reading: Austria 225kg, Germany 330kg, Finland 660kg and the United States winning with a whopping 880kg per person. When will the consumers and manufacturers in the US finally get it?! Lesson for today: Reduce, recycle, reuse!

1 Comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home