Another Page in History

Samstag, Dezember 31, 2005

5,4,3,2,1,1 Happy New Year!

Did you know that this year we are due to add another second to our time? The important things you learn from CNN when in the airport. It was that and the fact that there exists a cinnamon bun that looks like Maria Theresa was stolen. I feel so much smarter.

Only in Europe can you go to the drug store to by klennex and they give you free fireworks at the checkout to celebrate new years. I rushed through shopping today because stores closed at 2pm. It was so warm in the city that I had practically had to get a canoe out to cross the ponds at each street curb. I arrived home with nothing I intended to get, but I did stop at almost all the U-Bahn stations near the Innenstadt.

I went to the DB train station to renew my Bahncard for this year. Good news is that they are lowering their prices tomorrow for students under 27. The bad news is that my student ID from the U of M is not good enough. Because nobody in the US puts the expiration date on student IDs, Europeans don't want to accept it. So I went back to Kristin's and printed out my transcript for this year and an email from a professor. Maybe that will convince them. It is almost €20 less if I can be convincing enough. Cross you fingers for me.

The plan tonight is to watch Fireworks from the Olympicberg near the apt and then go to one of the parties in the club district. Happy New Year everyone!