Desert Trip
After much hassle flying with the worst airline ever, we arrived back in Lima (late-thanks to LAN) and were immediately whisked away to the bus station. Because of the problems with LAN, we missed the original start time for the tour and the entire bay tour of the 'Peruvian galapagos'. So instead of making a few stops on the way, we bussed all the way to Nazca. The scenery changes drastically when you head south from Lima. Within a few minutes of leaving the metro we were driving through desert. Massive hills of sand changing form with the wind. There were many tin shacks dotting some of the more desolate areas of the suburbs. I don't know how somebody could live there. 2 movies and 8 hours later we arrived in Nazca. The city itself is not known for much overnight tourism, so we were happy to be brought via taxi to our hotel right away. The hotel was very clean and nice. I think I have stayed at more nice hotels in 3rd world countries where safety is an issue than I have in the US! Most people visit Nazca while passing through so there were very few places open late at night. We did manage to find our second favorite restaurant on the trip. The menu wasn't big or fancy, but the food was good, cheap and we filled up on the pancake desserts at every meal. The best was the crepes stuffed with canned peaches, caramel sauce and colored sprinkles on top. I loved it so much that I bought some of the caramel to take home.

1 Comments:
Very timely recap.
By
Kirk, at 2:07 PM
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home