Another Page in History

Samstag, August 09, 2008

White Water Rafting-day2


Breakfast was fabulous that morning. Our brilliant cook made apple porridge, fresh cut chunks of papaya, mango, pineapple and starfruit, bread with jam, tea, simple omelet....with as hungry as I was, I inhaled it. I don't know what was better, the fruit mixture or the porridge. What a great morning...I was enjoying every minute of it until right before we had to put on our wetsuits. Then it all hit me like a flash flood in a canyon. Something must have had unfiltered water to put me right back into the stomach sickness. But this time it was worse. The pain was so much that I couldn't stand up straight without hurting. It was actually better for me to sit in the raft although I was very weak. With Aaron still sick and me newly sick, our guide actually had the cook join our boat to help us power through the rapids. We still had a great day paddling. So here are the last of the river picts. By the last picture we realized that we were running late. Kristof had a plane to catch by 3pm back to Lima and then 8pm back to MN. It was 1pm by the time we left the river. We were in such a hurry that i didn't even look for a bush to hide behind to change. I just didn't care--when would I be back to Peru again let alone see those people. The trip back was even worse for me. I hated that I felt so crappy when it was the last day Kristof got to be in the country. He had to go back for summer classes. Aaron, Angie and I stayed another week. We managed to get him to the airport on time minus his good glasses that he forgot by the river. We had realized it about 15 minutes down the road, but didn't have the time to return. Sad. The rest of the night I spent sleeping or laying around. I just hoped the meds would kick in soon!