Return of the blogger
I have had some comments recently that I am a little too delayed with blogging my adventures. Since I still haven't blogged my first dive trip in Jan, I would have to agree with that. Underwater is the one landscape I am not even remotely equipped to capture on film or still photos so I am 100% reliant on what others took. Luckily, my dive partner (Kristof) for most of the trip had an underwater camera and got quite a few good pictures. I have learned that I need to practice my underwater pose because I look very similar to a deer in the headlights in every single one of the photos taken of me underwater. You will soon see what I mean. So here is a smattering of some photos until I can get the originals from my computer at home. I should explain briefly where we were. Anthony's Key Resort, Roatan Island, Honduras. Excellent resort and beautiful dive sites. I would love to go back and explore more of them. For a long time I was nervous or slightly afraid of what was below me in the ocean. Now I know that as long as I can see what is below me, it is less intimidating. Of course, turning around to see a barracuda staring back at you is still nerve-wrecking, but not the biggest of my fears. That would be a shark. I never want to see one of those near me underwater. Unless I am behind glass or a cage. The trip at the resort was from Jan 3rd-10th. So that means that I spent my 30th birthday on my first ever dive in an ocean. Too bad the first dive was full of trouble-shooting as I ran into a number of equipment fine-tuning issues. Made me quite frustrated and Kristof as well. I wasn't able to see as much as I had hoped because I spent so much time trying to defog my mask and keep the water out. My afternoon dive was much smoother and Kristof was also more relaxed because he didn't have to worry about me nearly as much. As I am uploading pictures it appears that the Linux system has once again failed me and while I can upload pictures, I have no control over where they are located. So for now, they will be randomly placed.

0 Comments:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home