Moguls?
Picture a skier swooshing in between moguls on a nice clean slope, racing to the bottom with an almost flawless run. Got that picture? Now picture a skier swooshing over moguls--often in the wrong spot--and eventually wiping out after catching air by accident. Guess which one describes me.... I can't say that I have skied groomed moguls, but I think that large lumps of snow in the path of a skier that cause a person to go into the air briefly, still count. Most of the runs I skied today had bumpy spots, but I managed to stay upright, though not always gracefully, until a double blue run before lunch. Then I fell 3 times on one run! I tried to take a picture to show the steepness, but they never look as bad until you are looking over the edge. Despite the falls, today was a beautiful day on the slopes. No gloom or fog like yesterday. Nearly perfect blue skies and picture worthy runs. Some of the shots would make anyone look like an expert skier. I did have a chance to run through some virgin powder--not a single track made until I flew by. Such a rush. Too bad MN will never have that. Course first they would have to have real mountains. Yesterday the run Waterfall was too much for me since it wasn't groomed--too many mini moguls on the steep part. But this morning it was one of the lucky 4 runs that they groomed. So of course I had to try. First part was a breeze. As I reached the last part, my heart started pounding harder as I looked over the edge. The moguls were gone, but a new challenge took its place--icy snow. Still, I was determined to make it to the bottom. I took it slow and crashed only once. The end of my ski caught some snow wrong and flipped it around so that I was facing the wrong way down the hill. Not good! Nothing to do but get back up and finish it. I made it nicely back onto Homerun and skied to catch the bus and go home. My legs need a break.

0 Comments:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home