Another Page in History

Mittwoch, Januar 17, 2007

Brainstem! Brainstem!

Anatomy lesson
Current mood: geeky

I was laughing at the time when my friend Chels referred to me as 'Bones' while we were at Body Worlds and I kept commenting on things. (If you have no idea what I am talking about, Bones is a character on a Fox TV show.) After you read this, you may think I deserve the name as well. Either that or you will think I am a geek. I will accept either.

Many of us know the classic cartoon clip of Pinky and the Brain presenting The Brain, aka. "Brainstem". What I never knew is that is had been translated into Portugese as well as
German; http://youtube.com/watch?v=TqZ7FfKSKLE&mode=related&search=

The original English can be found at http://youtube.com/watch?v=m7HnKBjz1B4&mode=related&search=

In my Anatomy lab last spring, we had to watch the clip and correct the mistakes. I seem to remember 4, but cannot find the worksheet anywhere. It had been driving me nuts these past couple days. (I know...geek) So I just watched it a couple times until I think I found the mistakes again. He points to 4 things that get labeled incorrectly. Whether you care to read about them or not, here they are:
1. Wrong: Sylvian Fissure
Right: Lateral Sulcus
2. Wrong: Central Fissure
Right: Longitudinal Fissure
3. Wrong: Medulla Oblongata
Right: Medulla is the bottom half of highlighted area. But he also includes the Pons and Optic Chiasm
4. Wrong: Lobe Limbic
Right: Corpus Callosum