1st Homecoming
5 years at the university and only now did I attend a homecoming parade. Ok, so I was watching it from the comfort of my living room while staring out the large picture windows with other housemates. Close enough. It was a bit of a rude awakening to hear police sirens and the marching band before 9am on a day I wanted to sleep in. Later that night I would also walk into a frat house party for the first time in my life. Not really my crowd, but since I live on frat row I thought I would check it out with some friends. Pretty much what I thought it would be. We stayed about 15 minutes.
I have not written a blog in ages, so here is the low-down on what is new. After 4 years working at camp, my last day was Sat. I am starting a new job next week with Lifelink III. That means I finally get dental insurance!! 40 hours a week working 12 hour shifts means I should have a lot of free time. In the spring I might work a couple groups at camp on and off but nothing like before. At least I was able to earn my Golden Carabiner, for working 50 groups in a year, before changing jobs.
Colorado was a great vacation at the beginning of the month. A weekend of WFR class and then some camping. I hit the beginning of winter during that first week in Oct. Fell asleep in my tent in Fall and woke up to Winter.
Although I know that bears and cougars
live in the mountains, it is always a little unsettling when you see the sign right in front of where you want to camp that night.

Was it really necessary to put the porta-potty directly behind the nice scenery?
Also some shots from Halloween.
I ended up having 3 different costumes.
These pictures were taken a couple hours apart and oddly enough I have the exact same expression on my face. ??
Cruella Deville for the party Sat night, a gypsy for working at camp on the 31st, and a pirate chic for First Ave party later that night. I changed for going downtown because the kids in my group at camp couldn't tell I was wearing a costume.
I have not written a blog in ages, so here is the low-down on what is new. After 4 years working at camp, my last day was Sat. I am starting a new job next week with Lifelink III. That means I finally get dental insurance!! 40 hours a week working 12 hour shifts means I should have a lot of free time. In the spring I might work a couple groups at camp on and off but nothing like before. At least I was able to earn my Golden Carabiner, for working 50 groups in a year, before changing jobs.
Colorado was a great vacation at the beginning of the month. A weekend of WFR class and then some camping. I hit the beginning of winter during that first week in Oct. Fell asleep in my tent in Fall and woke up to Winter.Although I know that bears and cougars
live in the mountains, it is always a little unsettling when you see the sign right in front of where you want to camp that night.
Was it really necessary to put the porta-potty directly behind the nice scenery?
Also some shots from Halloween.
I ended up having 3 different costumes.
These pictures were taken a couple hours apart and oddly enough I have the exact same expression on my face. ??Cruella Deville for the party Sat night, a gypsy for working at camp on the 31st, and a pirate chic for First Ave party later that night. I changed for going downtown because the kids in my group at camp couldn't tell I was wearing a costume.

1 Comments:
You got the gold carabiner? Damn, I was about four groups short. Oh well.
~Kirk
By
Kirk, at 1:39 PM
Kommentar veröffentlichen
<< Home